Opened in 1981, the Tyrone Guthrie Centre at Annaghmakerrig is a residential workplace for local, national, and international artists of all disciplines and cultures, with a range of facilities that support creativity within a welcoming, home-like environment. It is a place of peace and quiet, and yet of collaboration and creative stimulation. Annaghmakerrig House belongs to the Irish State and as such the house and grounds are maintained by the Office of Public Works (OPW). The Centre receives financial support from the Arts Council of Ireland/An Comhairle Ealaíon and the Arts Council of Northern Ireland. The Tyrone Guthrie Centre is a registered charity CHY6248.
The Tyrone Guthrie Centre is now inviting expressions of interest from suitably qualified individuals to serve as Chairperson of its Board for a term of five years.
The Board of the Tyrone Guthrie Centre meets every two months at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre. The Chairperson meets regularly with the Resident Director between these meetings to maintain general oversight of the workings of the Centre. In addition, there are three Board member-led sub-committees with which the Chair should engage regularly. These are (1) the House and Collections Committee; (2) the Audit and Risk Committee; (3) the Development and Fundraising Committee. The Chairperson and members of the Board are expected to actively participate in activities and stakeholder engagement when available.
- Understanding of the Arts environment in Ireland
- Good communication and people management skills
- Leadership experience which demonstrates the ability to chair a board and to ensure the Board guides, challenges and supports the Executive
- Experience of corporate governance and compliance
- Experience of financial management and funding
- Experience of strategic planning and development
- Experience of stakeholder engagement
- Experience of international networking and fundraising
- Good understanding of the charitable sector in Ireland today
- Commercial acumen
- Passion for and commitment to the arts
Expressions of interest in the role of Chairperson detailing relevant experience and a CV should be sent by Friday, 13th May, 2022 to:
The Search Committee,
The Tyrone Guthrie Centre,
County Monaghan H18PP70