Advice before filling out our application form
- Have your professional CV ready in PDF form for upload.
- Writers have an example of your work in PDF form ready for upload.
- Visual artists make a PDF to include up to 6 examples of your work and/or have at up to six examples of your work ready for upload (Jpeg,. NPG).
- Musicians / composers upload MP3, or link to up to three samples of your work online in SoundCloud or other suitable format.
- Film / video / dance upload links to YouTube, Vimeo, or other suitable format in the links section.
- Be ready to give us a website address where we can view / listen / read your work, and an alternative, if you have one. If you do not have a website address, please put www.tyroneguthrie.ie into the relevant boxes so that they are not left empty.
- All applicants are welcome to include web links to any relevant articles / reviews of your work.
- The form requires applicants to give dates for their proposed residency. Please note that if approved, applicants may not be offered the specific dates requested.
Please fill all boxes in the application form, even if they do not apply to you. Otherwise, the form comes back to us as ‘incomplete.’ Use N/A if not applicable or upload your CV/PDF again to fill a box.
NOTE We will not assess applications that do not include a CV, examples of work, and names for two professional referees from your field of creative endeavour.
If you have any issue with uploading a document to the application form, please send the document to firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name, and the date of your application in the subject line.
Note regarding dietary requirements
We are an artist’s residential workspace. We cannot accommodate medical dietary requirements in the kitchen of our Big House. If you have a genuine medical dietary requirement, please ensure to seek residential space in one of our gorgeous self-catering cottages. We do accommodate vegetarians and pescatarians, and we will do our utmost to facilitate religious dietary times / requirements.
Further information for applicants
Receipt of an approval letter for a residency at The Tyrone Guthrie Centre is not an offer of a bursary to the Centre. However, successful applicants may include their approval letter in an application for funding to the Arts Council of Ireland / ACNI and other funding bodies.
Once approved, an applicant may apply for a residency in the year of approval, or any year afterwards.
Having completed their first residency at The Tyrone Guthrie Centre, a successful applicant will become an alumnus of the Centre and may then email email@example.com for our Returning Residents and Returning Bursary Holder’s Form to return to the Centre. We try to make space for all residents twice in a twelve-month period.
Unfortunately, owing to our geographical location in front of a deep lake, and to the general layout of our buildings, we cannot accommodate children or residents under eighteen years of age on site. We acknowledge that this is challenging for parents and guardians. However, we do our absolute utmost to make space throughout the year for parents and those who are caring for others on the island of Ireland.